(This is the pre-2007 routine. For 2007+ see the end. )
To create a linked picture of part of a spreadsheet for use elsewhere:
- Edit>Copy the Cell or Range
- Choose the target cell
- Hold down the Shift key and choose Edit>Paste Picture Link
If the Camera tool is on your toolbar:
- Select the Cell/Range
- Click the Camera tool
- Move the cursor to the target position and click to insert the linked picture
- Clear cell gridlines if you do not want them displayed in your picture.
(Click Options on the Tools menu, click the View tab, and then clear the Gridlines check box")
- On the worksheet or chart sheet, select the cells or click the chart you want to copy as a picture
- Hold down SHIFT and click Copy Picture on the Edit menu
(For the best picture quality, make sure As shown on screen and Picture are selected)
- Click OK
- Select the worksheet or other document where you want to paste the picture
Now click to the Formula box. Type = and the click on the cell you wish to link.
Copy - Paste Methodology
by Jon Peltier
The process is a little different in 2007+. Either add the Camera tool to the Quick access toolbar, or just select the range and drop down the Paste options. Choose copy as Picture. Next pick a location and choose Paste as picture.
See all Topics