Do your own
Here's how to stop Outlook from automatically filling in the e-mail address when typing the name of a contact in the To: field.
Outlook's Suggest Names feature helps speed up routine e-mail activities. However you may want to get rid of it when, for instance, you have two or more e-mail addresses that are similar and Outlook keeps choosing the wrong one.
To turn this feature off:
- Select Options from Outlook's Tools menu
- Click on the Preferences tab
- Clickthe E-mail Options button
- Click the Advanced E-mail Options button
- Uncheck the box, near the bottom of the dialog, labeled:
"Suggest names while completing To, Cc, and Bcc fields"
See all Topics