Automate the drill
You can use Access as a data source and use Word to merge to Outlook. Here, however, is a way to do it from Access itself.
"You can use the SendObject method to send a MAPI mail message programmatically in Microsoft Access. However, the SendObject method does not give you access to complete mail functionality, such as the ability to attach an external file or set message importance.Use Automation to send a Microsoft Outlook message using Access
The example that follows uses Automation to create and send a mail message that you can use to take advantage of many features in Microsoft Outlook that are not available with the SendObject method.
There are six main steps to sending a Microsoft Outlook mail message by using Automation, as follows:
- Initialize the Outlook session.
- Create a new message.
- Add the recipients (To, CC, and BCC) and resolve their names.
- Set valid properties, such as the Subject, Body, and Importance.
- Add attachments (if any).
- Display/Send the message.
Access to E-Mail
See all Topics