The UCL (University College London) site for the High Energy Physics Group of the Department of Physics & Astronomy, has an introduction to Excel e-book on this page. It's the material used in a 10 week course.
"This web page contains material for the computing and data analysis elements of the first-year PHYS1B40 Practical Skills course.
The main elements of the course are:
- Analysis of data and treatment of uncertainties of measurement (Data Analysis) - discussed in lectures and illustrated by exercises using Excel
- Use of spreadsheets (Excel) for
- Analysis and presentation of experimental data
- Mathematical modeling, simulation, analysis and problem solving
- Introduction to computer programming by means of Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
Here are some links to the topics covered topics:
See all Topics