Also Dumb No Dot
A PowerPoint show can be set up to run automatically when it is opened.
To do this, you could go to File>Save As and choose PowerPoint Show (*.pps) from the Save as type: list.
Another way is to change the extension (the three letters that appear after a file name such as Report.DOC).
PowerPoint uses .PPT for normal files, .POT for templates.
A PowerPoint show uses .PPS.
Microsoft "dumbed down" Windows Explorer so that, by default, extensions are not displayed.
To see them:
- Go to Windows Explorer.
- On the Menu bar go to Tools>Folder Options
(Organize>Folder and Search Options in Vista)
- Click on the View tab.
- In the Advanced settings list, remove the check mark from "Hide file extensions for known file types."
- OK your way out.
- Locate the file in Windows Explorer.
- Right click the file name and choose Rename.
- Touch the End key on the keyboard and the Backspace three times.
- Enter the letters PPS
- Hit Enter.
(This also works with *.PPTX files
See all Topics