"Control Panel provides a set of special-purpose administrative tools so that users can configure the Windows, applications, and services environment. It includes default items in Control Panel for common tasks, for example, Display and Add Hardware. User-installed applications and services can also insert their own icons into Control Panel.
There are two view options for Control Panel: Category View and Classic View.
Category View displays Control Panel icons according to the type of task that the user wants to perform.
Classic View displays Control Panel icons in a view that is familiar to users of previous versions of Windows."
- Click Start, and then Settings
- Click Control Panel.
- Click Appearance and Themes, and then click Folder Options.
- Open Folder Options.
- Under Tasks, click "Show common tasks in folders", and then click OK.
- In the Control Panel box in the upper-left corner of Control Panel, click "Switch to Category" or "Switch to Classic View".
- Accessibility Options
- Add Hardware
- Add or Remove Programs
- Administrative Tools
- Date and Time
- Folder Options
- Game Controllers
- Internet Options
- Network Connections
- Phone and Modem Options
- Power Options
- Printers and Faxes
- Regional and Language Options
- Scanners and Cameras
- Scheduled Tasks
- Sounds and Audio Devices
- Stored User Names and Passwords
See all Topics