Writ on tables
"And it came to pass that the cries and lamentations of the Access newbies were heard on high by the gods of the Database, and their hearts were moved to pity for their followers. And they opened their mouths and spake, saying: "Nevermore shall the young and innocent wander witless on their journeys!
- Thou shalt design normalized tables and understand thy fields and relationships before thou dost begin.
- Thou shalt never allow thy users to see or edit tables directly, but only through forms and thou shalt abhor the use of "Lookup Fields" which art the creation of the Evil One.
- Thou shalt choose a naming convention and abide by its wisdom and never allow spaces in thy names.
- Thou shalt write comments in your procedures and explain each variable.
- Thou shalt understand error handling and use it faithfully in all thy procedures.
- . . .
The full list can be found on:
The Access Web
See all Topics