- Right-click the cell that contains the comment.
(or choose Insert Comment)
- Choose Edit Comment, and clear any text from the comment.
- Click on the border of the comment, to select it.
- Choose Format>Comment
- On the Colors and Lines tab, click the drop-down arrow for color.
- Click Fill Effects
- On the picture tab, click Select Picture
- Locate and select the picture
- Click Insert, click OK, click OK
YouTube: Add picture to Excel Comment
Mary Ann Richardson, on TechRepublic.com, suggests saving a graph as a JPG and using that as a picture in a comment.
Add an Excel chart to a comment
See all Topics