Which side are you on?
BoxesandArrows.com is an online magazine.
"Boxes and Arrows is the definitive source for the complex task of bringing architecture and design to the digital landscape. There are various titles and professions associated with this undertaking — information architecture, information design, interaction design, interface design"
They published an critique of PowerPoint starting with this bulleted (naturally) list of events:
Understanding PowerPoint by Dan Brown
- Seth Godin writing a self-published how-to article called "Really Bad PowerPoint"?
- Scott McNealy of Sun Microsystems banning its use?
- Peter Norvig parodying PowerPoint with the Gettysburg Address (or is it vice versa)?
- The New Yorker profiling a working mother who uses PowerPoint to "pitch" cleanliness to her two kids?
- Fortune Magazine calling it an "epidemic that threatens the cerebrums of business more than bovine spongiform encephalopathy"?
- Visualization guru Edward Tufte practically having fits?
- Leslie Harpold and Michael Sippey duking it out to create attractive presentations?
See all Topics