Built in service
You can easily insert an automatically updated stock quote for a specific company in a spreadsheet.
Here are the instructions:
- On the Tools menu, click AutoCorrect options.
(Use the Office button and Excel Options in 2007+)
- Click the Smart Tags tab and place a check beside Label data with smart tags.
- Click OK.
- Type in a Stock symbol (such as MSFT) in a cell.
(The symbol must be in all caps)
- Click outside of the cell.
- Place your mouse cursor over the purple triangle in the lower-right corner of the cell.
Click the arrow.
- Click Insert refreshable stock price.
- Select whether to insert the stock price on a new worksheet or in a specific area on your current worksheet.
See all Topics