To remove items from the Most Frequently Used Programs list, right-click Remove from this list. However, when you run the program again, it may reappear on the list.
You can stop a program from appearing on the Most Frequently Used Programs list. No mater how often you use the program it will never appear on this list.
- Click Start and select Run.
- Type regedit and click OK.
- Look for the registry key:
- Under this key are a series of sub-keys representing the installed applications.
- Choose the executable you do not want to appear on the list. (for instance Excel.exe)
- Click Edit, point to New, and select String Value.
- Type NoStartPage for the value name.
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Restart the computer.
Prevent a Program from Being Displayed in the Most Frequently Used Programs List
and:Start Menu (MFU) list is empty
See all Topics