To transfer data from an Access query or table in another Office program, such as Word, there's no need to manually export the data.
- Open the target Office document
- Arrange both applications on the screen
(Right-click an empty part of the Task bar and choose Tile Windows Vertically)
- Switch to Access and select the fields or records that you want copied
- When you've finished selecting the data, move the mouse pointer near the border of the selection until it turns into an arrow
- Finally, drag and drop the data to your target document
It works in the other direction too. Select some Excel data. Switch to Access. While viewing the Tables Objects, Paste the Excel data. It will form a new table.
See all Topics