Sometimes, you may have data that needlessly clutters a report.
For instance, suppose your report is listing the fields strCompany, strFirstName, and strLastName.
If there are multiple names listed for each company, and the report is sorted by company name, repeating the company information is unnecessary.
You may want to set a group header based on the company name, but there's an easier way to hide the redundant data.
- Open the report in Design view.
- Select the control that displays repetitive information.
- Display the control's Property sheet.
- Set the Hide Duplicates property equal to No.
- Finally, Save and preview your report.
If the data in the modified control is the same as the data from the previous record, the control is hidden.
See all Topics