You may see a warning about browser selection. It happened to me after playing with Firefox and then coming back home again.
Try going to Start>Run and entering:
Here are other ways to do it:
In the following selections, you should know that The URL:Mailto Protocol is located at the top of the list proceeded by (None), not at the bottom with the other U's.
The Locate Link Browser dialog box
appears when you open a Web link in an e-mail message in Outlook 2003
To resolve this problem, follow these steps to clear the Use DDE check box:
- Double-click My Computer.
- On the View menu, click Folder Options (or Tools>Folder Options).
- On the File Types tab, click URL:MailTo Protocol in the Registered File Types list, and then click Edit.
- In the Actions box, click Open, and then click Edit.
- Click to remove the Use DDE check box, and then click OK.
- Click Close two times.
Clicking a link opens the Locate Link dialog box (Firefox)
- Select Tools and then Folder Options
- Select the File Types tab
- Select Extension: (NONE), File Type: URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol
- Click Advanced toward the bottom of the window
- In the Edit File Type window, select open and click Edit
- Clear the check for DDE above the DDE message box (which should contain "%1" or similar)
- Click OK, Click OK
See all Topics