Outlook Contacts in Access
Automatically set up links to data outside of Access.
It still works in Access/Outlook '07-'13.
- Choose File >Open from the menu bar.
(Office button>Open in 2007)
- Under Files Of Type choose Outlook().
- Locate your Outlook PST files.
- Choose Contacts, or if you have set up separate files for different groups choose an appropriate one.
- The wizard walks you through the process of creating an Access database with a linked Contact table.
The changes made in Access will be reflected in Outlook and vice versa. If you want to create a new database that will link to other data that isn't in an Access format, you can do it quickly.
The classic way is to use the File>Get External Data >Link Tables method. However you can simply choose File >Open from the menu bar. Select the appropriate data format from the Files Of Type dropdown list (such as Microsoft Excel (*.xls)). Open the file and Access will automatically create an MDB file with the same name as the data source you selected and will set up links to the data. From there you can develop forms, queries and reports.
See all Topics