An introduction to the benefits of online analytical processing (OLAP)
"Every day we create reams of data in customer relationship management applications, order entry applications, and warehouse management systems. We're drowning in a sea of data. However, even with all that data we don't have a large amount of information. We have the ones and zeros of the transactions, but we don't have the answers we need to simple questions like:The article also has links to:
- "Why was March better than February?"
- "Where is the sales force having the most success?"
- "In what conditions does the sales team struggle with making sales?"
- Oracle 9i makes data warehousing easy to implement
- Seven highly effective steps to a smooth data warehouse implementation
- Business intelligence is just a few steps away for SAP R/3 users
- Resources for designing, planning, and implementing a data warehouse strategy
- Making the operational case for data warehousing
- TechRepublic Tutorial: Data warehousing defined
Data Warehousing and OLAP A Research-Oriented Bibliography
FAQ Excel 2007 – OLAP
See all Topics